Under Siege! - S01E03: Leningrad 1941 - Full Documentary

wyświetleń 18,320

Documentary Base

Rok temu

Under Siege! Whether it is a city, a town, a battalion or a regiment, the blood is stirred by stories of those that, usually vastly outnumbered, have stood behind walls, and barricades in a last stand against their attackers. So what makes those under siege battle on when to do so often had little logic? Who were the leaders who rallied their troops or their fellow citizens? What drives man and women to acts of extraordinary courage and self-sacrifice? Why had victory sometimes been won when bloody failure looks absolutely certain?
This episode focuses on the siege of Leningrad. The siege of Leningrad was a prolonged military blockade undertaken from the south by the Army Group North of Nazi Germany against the Soviet city of Leningrad on the Eastern Front in World War II
Please subscribe to the Documentary Base PLpost Channel: plpost.info/head/X1v-zaMxcg4OAaLs7GAT8g.html
#SiegeOfLeningrad #UnderSiege #Documentary

Komentarze
David Erdody
David Erdody Miesiąc temu
Do visit 900DAYS.net
Ward Kelman
Ward Kelman 2 miesięcy temu
Their maps didn't indicate that the Red Army never lost Oranienbaum.
Total. Package_
Total. Package_ 2 miesięcy temu
Dude wearing glasses got a sex change. Truth. Lol still smart af
Walter Lacy
Walter Lacy 2 miesięcy temu
Helluva fight
Black Pearl Studios
Black Pearl Studios Miesiąc temu
many in my family fought and died there. May they rest in piece
Loch ness
Loch ness 5 miesięcy temu
Anyone wanna hear a joke? Hitlers plans. Lol
Sir not appearing in this film
Sir not appearing in this film 4 miesięcy temu
Nice
ugthemc Nandala
ugthemc Nandala 8 miesięcy temu
Music soundtrack?
BigJon410
BigJon410 10 miesięcy temu
Marshal Mannerheim only fought a limited war to just liberate lost Finnish territory back from Stalin. Finland never intended to capture Leningrad with the Germans.
Black Pearl Studios
Black Pearl Studios 20 dni temu
@jeffrey dahmere Greatest power in history? You been listening to tramp/Obama ramblings for too long. There were many great empires, great in their own time. America, like for example Rome, waged war for all but 17 years of its independent history. So from that point of view USA is more "usual empire" not greatest or unique. Having said all that it is the no1 empire today, after USSR has been betrayed and sold from within. But not destroyed. And it is coming back. As is China, India.. Enjoy while it lasts. Finland has been a part Russia for several centuries. its leib-regiments were a proud part of the Russian military (think against napoleon for example). Many leaders borne in the Baltics rose to fame in the Russian empire. It was split from Russia during the civil war, mainly due to traitors like Mannerheim. Maybe they stopped because some still remembered they were a part of a great state once (unlike now when they are only views as a "buffer state"). Mannerheim himself being a Russian general knew that there are limits. Why do you think that even today, despite all the pressure from the west, Finns are still friendly to Russia? I remember Finns coming down by buss loads to Leningrad to spend the weekend - there was no iron curtain there. Unlike the faithless turncoats like Baltic states and Poland, and beggars like Rumania and especially Bulgaria, who owe their statehood to the Russians who freed them from the Turks (Greece also falls into that category). Of course Max could calm down a little, but I understand his sentiment - USA is responsible for a lot of misery there.
jeffrey dahmere
jeffrey dahmere 21 dzień temu
@Max Mazourov lol , I did hesitate to reply because yours is so pathetic, that you just made my point , right keep believing that the greatest powers and civilization in history were made y throwing flowers and opening chocolate boxes by singing imagine , you are so pissed that you believe that I’m American lol, that never went to military service, you got so low to actually think that way ,we ain’t talking about you or your people here , we are talking about history and civilization , you can do that and start addressing the issues that I mentioned , or if you got pissed because of that then like I said get lost ,is up to you pal
Max Mazourov
Max Mazourov 21 dzień temu
@Black Pearl Studios not sure what’s unclear - the guy is a couch warrior who thinks that you have to murder your way to greatness, which has been a policy of US in the late 20th/early 21st centuries. The fact is that until you find yourself on the receiving end of a war of aggression you have no clue what war is and IMO anyone who advocates mass murder as a way to “greatness” is a sociopath
Black Pearl Studios
Black Pearl Studios 21 dzień temu
@Max Mazourov ?
Max Mazourov
Max Mazourov 21 dzień temu
@jeffrey dahmere funny, an American talking about knowing history - you fuckers just waged was of aggression when you thought you can win for sure and yet you lost most of the wars you started! So please don't lecture me about war, my people have been invaded twice in the 20th century. Psychopaths like you think that reading books about war make you an expert - try enlisting for a change you prick
Documentary Base
Documentary Base Rok temu
Please subscribe to the Documentary Base PLpost Channel: plpost.info/head/X1v-zaMxcg4OAaLs7GAT8g.html
Battle of the Somme (WW1 Documentary) | History Documentary | Reel Truth History
1:29:01
wyjaśnienia w sprawie True Beauty
8:03
prostracja
wyświetleń 266K
Godzilla vs. Kong - Official Trailer
2:25
Warner Bros. Pictures
wyświetleń 20M
NAJGORSZE ZAWODY 2
6:19
Dla Pieniędzy